Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Higher Throne

"There is a higher throne than all this world has known, where faithful ones from every tongue will one day come. Before the Son we'll stand, made faultless through the Lamb; believing hearts find promised grace; salvation comes.
And there we'll find a home, our life before the throne. We'll honor Him in perfect song, where we belong. He'll wipe each tear-stained eye, as thirst and hunger die. The Lamb becomes our Shepherd King; we'll reign with Him.
Hear Heaven's voices sing, their thunderous anthem rings through emerald courts and sapphire skies; their praises rise. All glory, wisdom, power, strength, thanks and honor are to God, our King who reigns on high, forever more"


These words from "A Higher Throne" by the Getty's were wonderful to sing as I took Anna to her Saturday voice club today. After the past week as I was coming out of the "fog" of chemo, I could hear God whispering once again, "O, ye of little faith". I ended up having two MRI's this week, one from 8:30-10:30 Friday night at GMH and the other Tuesday afternoon after my appointment with Dr. Rippon. They needed "a closer look" which at the time was frustrating. I am claustrophobic, especially in the old MRI machines. The noise is like machine gun fire and jackhammers rolled into one! I could barely look up and see one, old light bulb shining in the "pit"! I struggled to recall scripture and songs but the noise makes it hard to remember and concentrate. I just kept looking at that light and thinking of everything about the Lord to do with light: light of the world, this little light of mine, light from the tomb as the angel announced "Christ is risen", etc. When the tech came in to inject the contrast dye, she said, "I didn't realize this light was so bright, do you want me to turn it off?" And I screamed, "No! Don't touch my light!" But the extra detailed films now give me assurance that at this time there are no places on my left chest area (bones, muscles, chest wall) to suggest metastatic disease. It is a great boost to my spirit as I press on toward my last 2 chemos. It is so hard to remember during those "down" times that "there is a higher throne". Dr. Rippon suggested that we move forward with looking at another surgery early next year that will include biopsies of skin and tissue in the lymphatic’s that may still contain cancer. I will meet with the plastic surgeon in December. He will work together with her to do skin grafts and reconstruction at the same time. Joey was finally fever-free on Friday after 8 days. He had "walking pneumonia" and missed 4 days of school this week, but is hopefully on the way back on Monday. He has been highly contagious at a time when my counts are at their lowest, so we appreciate your prayers for all of us as we try to stay well. Congrats to Joey, Craig, Levi, and Matt (the HPCS percussion ensemble for placing third at BJU Festival! Also, to Joey and Matt for placing second in piano duo and duet! The concerts were fantastic and Joey enjoyed "the college life" for a week as he roomed with two sweet boys from our church, Cody and Andrew.We are so thankful this Thanksgiving for all of the generous offerings of food, prayers, cards, and thoughts for our family. May the Lord bless each of you and your families as you rest and enjoy this upcoming week of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment