Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmastime

We enjoyed the wonderful "Christmastime" Program at HPCS last night. Anna and Joey sang and played along with all of the other talented students and directors. We especially enjoyed being able to visit with Paulette, Joe's sister, and Madison, Joey and Anna's cousin. It was a great time of fellowship and worship of Christ.
I went for a check of my hemoglobin after experiencing extreme fatigue this week. It was unchanged which means I will not need a blood transfusion. They expect the increasing fatigue is due to the cumulative effect of the chemotherapy as I approach the last treatment on Dec. 22. I have an appointment with Dr. Wilcox, the radiation oncologist, next Tuesday to discuss possible electron radiation of the skin for our next step in this battle. It is different from the kind I had in 2009 for 7 weeks but I’m not sure exactly how. I should know more next week. I would most likely begin 4 to 6 weeks after my last treatment. After fully healing from that, I will most likely have surgery, maybe as late as next summer.
Thanks for your continued prayers. I had to take a half day Tuesday to go home and rest but that is only the second time I've had to take an extra day off apart from the 2 days of chemotherapy for each round. That is a wonderful testament of faithful prayers on my behalf. I praise God for all of the wonderful prayer warriors that help me to "rise on wings of faith". I would appreciate your prayers for my mom who is recovering from hip surgery this past Monday. And for Rach, my middle sis, who will continue her battle with breast cancer next week as she gets her port placement and begins chemotherapy on Thursday. Praying and trusting God for your healing! He is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment