Thursday, April 26, 2012

What Grace is Mine

"What grace is mine that He who dwells in endless light called through the night to find my distant soul, and from His scars poured mercy that would plead for me, that I might live and in His name be known.


What grace is mine to know His breath alive in me; beneath His wings my weary soul may soar; all fear can flee, for death’s dark night is overcome; my Savior lives and reigns forevermore.

So I will go wherever He is calling me, I lose my life to find my life in Him. I give my all to gain the hope that never dies; I bow my heart, take up my cross, and follow Him."



"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!

Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,

Who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases,

Who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,

Who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."

Psalm 103:1-5



I received a great report on my PET scan. No signs of metastasis were evident. The PET scan would see large areas of malignancies so this is one piece of the puzzle and it is great to know that nothing large is out there! I had a severe headache last weekend so Dr. Go wants to do an MRI of my brain to rule out any problems there only as a precaution. In the meantime, he has cleared me to see Dr. Rippon next week to discuss a June surgery that will also involve Dr. de Brux, as well. This will be for some "unfinished business" as they remove more skin samples and make sure that we have clear margins. I will have a latissimus flap reconstruction on the left side to provide the needed skin and muscle tissue to replace any that has to be removed. I am planning on having a left mastectomy and the first reconstruction surgery on both sides. It will be a hard recovery, but a somewhat needed conclusion to this recurrence for me. It has been a long road of waiting and believing and I know the prayers that you all have prayed have spirited me through. Dr. Go said today that I had changed since July, that I am more confident and less fretful.

“In Christ alone my hope is found, He is my light, my strength, my song; this Cornerstone, this solid Ground, firm through the fiercest drought and storm. What heights of love, what depths of peace, when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!

My Comforter, my All in All, here in the love of Christ I stand."



Thank you for your love and encouragement on Facebook every time I post. It truly lifts my spirits and keeps me going. I appreciate your prayers for the fatigue, nausea, and general pain from the daily meds I'm taking. This is such a busy and fun time of year and I'm trying not to miss anything! I'll be with Joey and Joe at the Boys State Drop-In reception on Friday, then to HPCS to see the play, "Arsenic and Old Lace" with Anna and Avari. Then the weekend to wash, clean, and make a volcano with Anna worthy of destroying all mankind. We are actually using Noah's family and livestock (again!) for the utter destruction. Sorry, Noah! You survived the flood, but not Anna's volcanos!

I am praying for all of you as well as we "press on" towards the end of this school year!!





No comments:

Post a Comment