Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bachelor of Perseverance

Journal Entry-September 12, 2009

"We know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3b-5

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith." Hebrews 12:1b-2a

"You know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:3-4


I graduated from radiation on Thursday and received my "Bachelor of Perseverance" certificate signed by all the crew at Radiation Oncology! It has been 223 days from my first chemotherapy to my last radiation! I would jump up and down to celebrate, but I'm too exhausted! I'm hoping the fatigue will slowly wear away and I'll have more energy for life! It never slows down!

So many have said, "Now you're finished!" With this phase-yes! I guess the active treatment of my cancer is over and the preventative treatment has begun. I will take Tamoxifen once daily for five years as a hormone blocker since my cancer was estrogen and progesterone positive. I will continue my Herceptin infusions every three weeks for a year. So it's a new phase, but the same faithful God and the same faithful prayers from so many! I am truly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon, so good to read what point you've come to~May our Lord continue to bless you and your family through all of this~we are still praying for strength for you especially as you continue to work~Johh & Judy White

    ReplyDelete