Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"O Come, Thou Dayspring"

Journal Entry-December 22, 2009

"O Come, thou Dayspring, come and cheer our spirits by thy coming here; Disperse the gloomy clouds of night, and death's dark shadows put to flight. Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel shall come to Thee, O Isreal!"

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. I enjoyed being able to go to the the cantata at church and sing it on Sunday night. I am enjoying my first few days off from work, although it is very busy with tying up loose ends for gifts and shopping. We visited my Nana yesterday at her nursing home. Joey and Anna played and sang for them. They were so appreciative and truly enjoyed singing with us! They were making requests for Joey! He did some pretty good sight reading!
We will enjoy our Christmas visits with family here in town later this week. Joe will have knee surgery on Tuesday, December 29, to repair a torn meniscus. I have my first Herceptin treatment with my port on Monday, December 28.
We wish everyone a blessed and merry Christmas with your families!

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment