Tuesday, December 8, 2009

One Year Ago

Journal Entry-December 8, 2009

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the knowledge of Him everywhere." 2 Cor. 2:14

It was one year ago this week that my doctor found my tumor and sent me for further testing. It hardly seems possible that it has been one year. Sometimes I feel like I've aged many years in this year and other times I feel like I've stood still. I can hardly remember what life was like before this cancer. But before I knew anything, God knew it all and He still does!
I will be having outpatient surgery this Thursday at 2:00 to have my port put in. I wanted to wait until closer to Christmas break, but this was the only time Dr. Young could do it. I would appreciate your prayers as I prepare for this at home and at work. Anna's birthday party is Friday, so especially pray that I will not be sick from the anesthesia and feel like doing all I need to do to prepare for her party! Anna had her Christmas Voice Recital last night. Joey will have exams next week for the first time and has his piano recital and first basketball game Saturday. This month is always is a blur of activities! I have to pray daily for help in focusing on the real reason for it all!

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
Isaiah 9:6

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be praying for you Thurs. at 2!! Hope all goes well!

    Tell Anna "Happy Birthday!!" for me!!! I hope she has a wonderful, fun party!!

    I hope Joey has a good piano performance and bball game!!! Ah. . . I miss Christmas piano recitals!!!!! So many memories!! I wish him good luck on exams-we are all enduring them. :) Tell him I said to study hard. :) I'm sure he will do fine!

    I hope you all are doing well! I am so glad its Christmas season-ready for break!! One wk from Thursday I will be home!! It feels like forever. :)

    I will be praying for you!! Tell your family I said hi. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your family Christmas picture as well as Anna's voice recital picture. Praying for you, Shannon, as you have the port put in today. Will continue to pray for you in the days ahead as well. This has been a long journey for you, but you haven't traveled it alone, Praise God for that! Trust you will be able to enjoy the activities of this weekend, which sound to be many - - at least it can be a distraction for you and keep your mind on other things. Pastor Barney's message last night was a blessing on priorities and what our focus should be. I Peter 4:7-11 "the end of all things is at hand" Because of the shortness of time we need to face every day giving ourselves to the right things: Praying effectively; Love marked by hospitality; and Serving others that in everything God may be glorified. Please let us know how we can serve you better as you have needs arise. Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete