Thursday, February 11, 2010

Herceptin Holiday

Journal Entry-February 11, 2010

I had a Herceptin Holiday this week! I've been having shortness of breath and a heavy feeling in my chest. So Dr. Go put off my Herceptin until I've had an Echocardiogram and chest x-ray. I go back to follow-up with him next Tuesday.
My biopsy went well yesterday. It was actually amazing that they can do that whole process with tissue as small as 2mm! It was very interesting to view the pictures and the sample when it was over. They removed the largest "cluster" of calcifications, but there are still more there. The tissue will either be benign, atypical, or malignant. If they are atypical or malignant I will have to have an outpatient surgical procedure to remove all of them. I may know results tomorrow, but maybe not until Monday. Thanks for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment