Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home...Again!

Journal Entry-June 17, 2009

I'm thankful that I was able to come home yesterday afternoon and I'm resting and recovering. The surgery went well and the tissue samples will be sent off to be read this week for any signs of further cancer. Even if there are more cancer cells, I will not have any more surgery or chemotherapy. From what I understand, they may just need to adjust my radiation length or location. Thanks so much for all the prayers! A friend of mine sent this quote to me and I wanted to share it with you.

"God is Cheering for You" by Max Lucado

If your God is Mighty enough to ignite the sun, could it be that He is mighty enough to light your path?
God is for you. Not “may be,” not “has been,” not “was,” not “would be,” but “God is!” He is for you. Today. At this hour. At this minute. As you read this sentence. No need to wait in line or come back tomorrow. He is with you. He could not be closer than he is at this second. His loyalty won’t increase if you are better nor lessen if you are worse. He is for you.
God is for you. Turn to the sidelines; that’s God cheering your run. Look past the finish line; that’s God applauding your steps. Listen for him in the bleachers, shouting your name. Too tired to continue? He’ll carry you. Too discouraged to fight? He’s picking you up. God is for you.
God is for you. Had he a calendar, your birthday would be circled. If he drove a car, your name would be on his bumper. If there’s a tree in heaven, he’s carved your name in the bark. We know he has a tattoo, and we know what it says. “I have written your name on my hand,” he declares (Isa. 49:16).
From Let the Journey Begin:God’s Roadmap for New Beginnings©
(J Countryman 2009) Max Lucado

2 comments:

  1. I'm so thankful you were able to come home yesterday. I've been praying for you. What a blessing to read "God is Cheering For You." I'm going to give you a call about bringing a meal to you either Thursday or Friday if you'd like that. If there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. You'll continue to be in our thoughts and prayers as you begin radiation soon. Love, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shannon, What terrific pictures and such a positive, trusting attitude in the Lord you show. I saw Joe at the prayer mmeting Wed. night and asked him about you. I am amazed that this setback of being in the small 5% that still shows cancer remaining, after the initial encouraging news of a possible full health return a few weeks ago;has not affected the attitude of trust that you and your family show.I know at times, it must be so easy to get discouraged and even worried.I thank God that in His infinite wisdom, He has chosen to use your trust in God at this difficult time in your lfe to be a shining example to unseen others who may not otherwise consider their need to trust Christ as their faithful Savior; had they not witnessed your life, trust and love for Christ.The five of us are fine, however, Jack still searches faithfully for a job,since being laid off from work with Hewlett Packard after 22 years with them.God has provided next year's school tuition from different savings for our two oldest: Greg and Andrew; but our youngest, Audrey, may not be back at HP this school year.God does know best and we feel we are trusting Our Lord with very little when we consider, for instance,all that you, Joe, Joey and Anna are trusting Him with. Please be assured of our love,and as a family, we are lifting up you and your family and we are asking for your restored health in our prayers.(Ephesians 3:17-21)! Love, Michele, Jack, Greg, Andrew and Audrey Martin.

    ReplyDelete