Sunday, August 23, 2009

"All Things New"

Journal Entry-August 23, 2009

"Behold, I make all things new." Revelation 21:5

Well, the "new" year is off and running, and so am I! I guess I'm just like a child at the start of a new year. I love helping Anna and Joey pack up all their new school supplies and get everything organized for a new year. I love getting everything set up in my classroom for my new class, even though it is hard and exhausting work. My life is full of new beginnings! Twenty new four-year-old's learning a new routine. Joey's first year of high school. Anna loosing her last baby tooth! I have a wonderful new assistant that is replacing my previous friend and co-worker of 5 years! I will miss you Sandy, but wish you the best in Detroit! Mrs. Barrineau, my new assistant is an old pro with young children, so she'll be a great asset in our classroom this year. I have had to stop my oncology rehab. class due to work, but am trying to continue with my exercise program on my own. I have added weight and strength training to my daily physical therapy routine. The radiation is beginning to damage the deeper tissues in my arm and chest, so I have to continue to stretch and strengthen them to prevent scar tissue. I have 13 more radiation treatments and will finish on Sept. 9, if nothing happens to the machine again! I am beginning to have some skin irritation, but mostly fatigue. I will have my 3rd Herceptin infusion on Tuesday of this week and hope to get some lab results and dates for scans set up with Dr. Go. I am thankful for all of those who have provided meals for my family during my radiation. They have been so helpful to me as I struggle with the daily rush of a new school year. Thanks to all who have kept me lifted up in daily prayer! I know I would not be strong enough for work and treatments without them. Finally, thanks to the Lord who makes "all things new".

"It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed seeing pictures from Anna and Joey. Can't believe Joey starts High school.
    Praying for you.
    Zina

    ReplyDelete