Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Week of "Firsts"!

Journal Entry-August 4, 2009

It has been a week of "firsts" for me, starting with my first entry of August!
I was able to walk up the hill at church without getting out of breath.
I wore mascara on my new short eyelashes for the first time this week!
Today is the first time I’ve gone by myself to the Cancer Center. I am receiving my infusion of Herceptin.
I actually used shampoo to wash my hair for the first time since February! I thought it would encourage my hair to grow if it knew that I now recognized it as being enough to shampoo!!!
And yesterday I was able to get groceries by myself and load them into the car.
It was been quite a busy but exciting week! I can really tell a difference in my strength and energy level since I've started the oncology rehab. program. It has given me a boost, just in time for a new school year!

"God does not give us overcoming life: He gives us life as we overcome. The strain is the strength. If there is no strain, there is no strength...If you spend yourself out physically, you become exhausted; but spend yourself spiritually, and you get more strength. God never gives strength for tomorrow, or for the next hour, but only for the strain of the minute."
Taken from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for your boost of energy and all your "firsts." The rehab program is great. Thank you for your post by Chambers - that was a blessing to read.

    ReplyDelete