Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Red and Yellow, Black and White"

Journal Entry-August 25, 2009

It never ceases to amaze me the assortment of people I see at my cancer treatments. I've seen the young, the old, and the in-between; white, black, Asian, and Hispanic; boy, girl, woman, and man. Cancer is no respecter of persons. But I know someone else who isn't either! "Red and yellow, black and white, all are precious in His sight; Jesus loves the little children of the world."

I am back in the chemo room for my 3rd Herceptin treatment. The smell is especially strong today, but I am using my Vick's Vapor Rub and keeping busy playing "catch up" on school and home stuff. I have 11 more radiation treatments. Yesterday I spoke with Dr. Wilcox about a sore spot under my arm. She thinks it might be an inflamed lymph node, so she put me on an antibiotic. Dr. Go agreed with her and will see me back for a re-check in three weeks. My red and white counts were a little low, probably due to radiation. I feel so washed out and sleepy, but that is to be expected as I enter the "home stretch" of my radiation. Thanks so much for your prayers as I take a deep breath and press on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment