Sunday, May 16, 2010

"Happy Birthday is a Victory Song!"

Journal Entry-May 16, 2010

"For the LORD your God is he who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory." Deuteronomy 20:4

"Happy Birthday is a Victory Song" is the theme for the 2010 Relay for Life. As I walked my first Survivor Lap I was reminded that it is the Lord who gives us the victory!! Joe, Joey, and Anna were able to walk their Caregiver Lap. It was a wonderful time of joy and remembrance.

The crazy days of May have begun! Joey and the Hampton Park Panther Band rode in the Armed Forces Day Parade this weekend. Anna had her voice recital. Dr. Gococo sent me for a repeat Echo on my heart to see if my heart function has gone up. He is contemplating whether or not he wants me to finish those last 7 Herceptin treatments. I go back to him for results on May 25. I would like to ask you to specifically pray for the fluid retention in my feet and legs. It has gotten to the point of being painful. It may be caused by low heart function or it may be a side effect of Tamoxifen. Either way, it's becoming a daily concern. Thanks for your faithful prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment