Monday, August 15, 2011

May This Journey Bring a Blessing

August 15, 2011

"Jesus, draw me ever nearer as I labor through the storm. You have called me to this passage, and I'll follow, though I'm worn.
(Chorus) May this journey bring a blessing, May I rise on wings of faith; And at the end of my heart's testing, with Your likeness let me wake.
Jesus, guide me through the tempest; keep my spirit staid and sure. When the midnight meets the morning, let me love you even more. (Chorus)
Let the treasures of the trial form within me as I go. And at the end of this long passage, let me leave them at Your throne."

"What line does my thought take? Does it turn to what God says or to what I fear?..."I will in no wise fail thee:-not for all my sin and selfishness and stubbornness and waywardness. Have I really let God say to me that He will never fail me? If I listened to this say-so of God's, then let me listen again...My say-so must be built on God's say-so. God says, "I will never leave thee" then I can with good courage say-"The Lord is my Helper, I will not fear". I will not be haunted by apprehension. This does not mean that I will not be tempted to fear, but I will remember God's say-so. I will be full of courage, like a child "bucking himself up" to reach the standard his father wants...The only way to get the dread taken out of us is to listen to God's say-so. What are you dreading? You are not a coward about it, you are going to face it, but there is a feeling of dread. When there is nothing and no one to help you, say-"But the Lord is my Helper, this second, in my present outlook." When we realize how feeble we are in facing difficulties, the difficulties become like giants, we become like grasshoppers, and God becomes a nonentity. Remember God's say-so-"I will in no wise fail you." Oswald Chambers

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and your family today Shannon! Much love,
    The Jacobs Family

    ReplyDelete