Friday, August 5, 2011

Overcoming Life

Journal Entry-August 5, 2011

"God does not give us overcoming life: He gives us life as we overcome. The strain is the strength. If there is no strain, there is no strength...God never gives strength for tomorrow, or for the next hour, but only for the strain of the minute." Oswald Chambers

I am praising the Lord today for giving me life as I overcome! I will have a mastectomy on Tuesday, August 16 with a delayed reconstruction surgery. I continue to be amazed at how the Lord answers prayers for wisdom and guidance. We felt led to get a second opinion with another plastic surgeon and I just stood back and watched as one thing after another confirmed that the Lord had already planned this road-I only had to walk down it! Dr. de Brux is very conservative concerning risk of infection. He is going to "sit in" with Dr. Rippon during my surgery on the 16th so he is involved with the process right from the start. The reconstruction surgery will follow approximately 3 months down the road. I am so thankful for faithful servants of God who are praying specific prayers with me. The Lord has truly answered in a clear and perfect way.

I will start work on Wednesday, August 10. I will have a "Meet the Teacher" on Thursday and Parent Conference Meetings on Friday and possibly Monday. Then I will have my surgery and trust my new little friends to my wonderful assistant, Phyllis and great substitutes!! Thanks for your continued prayers as I prepare my classroom and fill out the necessary paperwork for my absence.

No comments:

Post a Comment