Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Still, My Soul, Be Still

August 17, 2011

"Still, my soul, be still, and do not fear though winds of change may rage tomorrow. God is at your side; no longer dread the fires of unexpected sorrow.
(Chorus) God, You are my God, and I will trust in you and not be shaken. Lord of peace renew a steadfast spirit within me to rest in You alone, to rest in You alone.
Still, my soul, be still, do not be moved by lesser lights and fleeting shadows. Hold on to His ways, with shield of faith against temptation's flaming arrows.
Still, my soul, be still, do not forsake the truth you learned in the beginning. Wait upon the Lord, and hope will rise as stars appear when day is dimming."

Surgery went well yesterday and Joe and I are settling in to our room at Greenville Memorial. I will stay one more night and hopefully come home tomorrow afternoon. They were able to remove everything except for some skin that tested positive for cancer. It could've required a skin graph to close it up, so she decided against taking all of it. Joe and I will speak with doctors next week. There is a chance they may want me to do some radiation on the skin and maybe some chemo (Herceptin). This is discouraging for me, but not to God!
Thank you so much for all the thoughts, prayers, food, cards, and kind words.

No comments:

Post a Comment