Thursday, April 2, 2009

4th Chemotherapy

Journal Entry-April 2, 2009
I have just met with Dr. Go and am starting my chemo. for today. My red blood cell counts are down. He said that in the past there was a shot they would give, but the benefits of it were minimal and not worth the side-effects. It is not low enough to keep me from my chemo. but enough to produce the fatigue and leg pain that I have felt the past week. The Lord just knew I needed Spring Break next week to rest! I have my Vicks Vapor Rub close at hand and am doing OK with the nausea right now. As I came through the door to the chemo. room, I focused on the words of a song from a new CD that friends from church gave me. “O the deep, deep love of Jesus; vast unmeasured, boundless, free; Rolling as a mighty ocean in its fullness over me; underneath me, all around me is the current of your love; Leading onward, leading homeward to your glorious rest above.” I have a surgery date set for June 10, so I am focusing upward and onward!

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed...for Thou art my praise." Jeremiah 17:14

I have a big praise this week. An insurance claim that I have been trying to appeal for 6 months was finally resolved in our favor! We will be getting a refund from the doctor's office soon.
"Let us come boldly to the very throne of God and stay there"! God will always answer in His time.

Our school had "Dress Down for a Cause" day yesterday to raise money for Relay for Life, an organization that raises money for cancer research. We have also sold T-shirts that say "Fight Like a Girl" and have raised almost $1,000 so far on T-shirt sales alone. A large group of us posed for a picture that I have posted, along with one of the "4K Crew" (the wonderful ladies I work with every day). I have been overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of the staff at East North Street! They always have smiles, prayers, offers for assistance, and encouraging words for me every day. Not only are they sharing, but they are caring! The Lord has blessed me greatly by being a part of this wonderful group of people.

"A friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17

"There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24b

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were still able to stay on schedule and have your chemo and that you now have a surgery date. You're making great progress. Enjoy your Spring break. The "fight like a girl" pictures are great. They are selling those t-shirts at my Curves, too. I love the song you quoted - what wonderful truths in those words. Praise the Lord for your answer to prayer regarding your insurance. Praying for minimal side effects over these days.

    ReplyDelete