Monday, October 12, 2009

Getting Into God's Stride

Journal Entry-October 12, 2009

"It is difficult to get into stride with God, because when we start walking with Him we find he has outstripped us before we have taken three steps. He has different ways of doing things, and we have to be trained and disciplined into His ways...Getting into the stride of God means nothing less than union with Himself. It takes a long time to get there, but keep at it. Don't give in because the pain is bad just now, get on with it, and before long you will find you have a new vision and a new purpose." (Oswald Chambers from My Utmost for His Highest)

Even in the midst of everyday life, there is comfort when we get into God's stride!
We are home from the surgery center and Joey is doing well. Dr. Rudisill did have to make a small incision to insert the pins, but did not have to insert a plate. He should be ready to go back to school tomorrow as long as he doesn't need pain medicine. Joey just needs to be careful with it as it heals! He goes Thursday for a check-up and to begin physical therapy. We are very thankful that things went as expected and appreciate your prayers!

After eight months of wearing my cranial prosthesis (my wig), I am now going out with my own hair! It is a little scary, but it feels nice! I'm enjoying the curls, even though they have a mind of their own!

I went Friday for my radiation follow-up with Dr. Wilcox. After talking with me about the back pain, she felt it would be a good idea to move my PET scan up to this week instead of waiting until November. So I go on Wednesday. I would appreciate your prayers specifically for my veins, that they would hold up for the IVs. It took 3 tries to find a good one for my last Herceptin and I almost passed out while they were trying! I also have to drink this sweet, thick liquid that makes me very sick. Last time I couldn't even drink half of it! They say the scan works best if I can drink it all, so I'm already praying that I can! I may have the results by Friday.
Thanks for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon~will continue to pray for you and especially on Wed. when you have the PET scan~
    I'll be praying you can drink that pink liquid,
    all of it~must be nice to have your own hair coming back and curley!~Years ago my Aunt had Cancer and when her hair came back, it was also
    curley~My sister, Janie had her last radiation
    treatment last Thurs.(10/8)and she seems to be
    doing great~she still hasn't accepted our Lord
    but she is always open to whatever I tell her,
    so keep praying and when she does, I'll let you
    know~again, we'll be praying for good news by this Fri. for you~
    Because of Him,
    Judy White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great, Shannon. I loved the curls while it lasted. After several months it began to relax but I still have natural waves. Praying for you tomorrow - especially for your veins that they won't have a problem finding a good one. So glad you didn't have to wait until November for the scan. Trusting our Great and Awesome God, ~ Pat

    ReplyDelete