Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"The Paths of the Lord"

Journal Entry-October 27, 2009

Psalm 25:10
"All the paths of the LORD are steadfast love and faithfulness, for those who keep his covenant and his testimonies."

Dr. Go did not see anything in my blood work that would make him suspect kidney problems and he is sure that the Tamoxifen is not the cause of my back pain. He feels like it is just post-chemo skeletal and muscle pain and that some therapy might help. He wants me to go to a physical therapist that specializes in back pain. I am not so sure right now that I will go. I hardly have time now to do the physical therapy for the lymphodema, much less more exercises for my back! I am relieved that there is no obvious reason for the pain. I am going to try to find the time to start walking again and maybe that will help.
Even when our paths don't seem to be just what we expected, all of the Lord's paths are steadfast love and faithfulness.

2 comments:

  1. Exercising regularly will be so good for you. It made such a difference in how I felt - I had a few occasions when my back was strange and didn't quite feel right. Walking with a neighbor regularly (we walk at 6 AM and have for years) and I also joined Curves which helped me tremendously to feel better. There are some good exercise DVD's you could get to do at home when you have 15 min. or so. Glad the kidney problems were eliminated. As you said, our paths aren't always the way we plan them to be but God is on the throne directing us and going right alongside us on this journey. The best is yet to come and one day we won't be bothered with these earthly bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers!! God has a reason for everything! I am so amazed by your constant joy and dependence on Him! You are such an example to me. I may think my life is hard with all my academic work, and now that I think about it, I hate myself for being so selfish. I'm sure that if I were in your shoes, I would not be as joyful or as trusting as you! So thank you for being all that you are in the face of this struggle. God is amazing!!!!! I love you and miss you very much!! You are in my prayers and my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete