Sunday, October 4, 2009

Birthday and Anniversary

Journal Entry-October 4, 2009

We've had a birthday and anniversary in our family this week! We celebrated Joe's birthday on Thursday! It is also Joey's one year anniversary of his hand surgery for a torn flexor tendon. He celebrated on Thursday by breaking his finger playing basketball at church! If he'd asked me I would've come up with a better way to celebrate! It was extremely dislocated at first until a friend of ours stepped Joe through the process of trying to pop it back into place. It did help and give some pain relief, but x-rays revealed Friday that there is a definite break. When the pediatrician began to do a referral to a hand doctor we requested Dr. Rudisell, Joey's surgeon from last year. The doctor said that it would be impossible to get in with him! But we know nothing is impossible with God!! They got Dr. Rudisell on the phone and even let Joe talk to him about Joey's finger. He gave us an appointment for Tuesday afternoon. After he reviews the x-rays and looks at the finger, he'll know if surgery is needed. I have a Herceptin treatment Tuesday afternoon, so I won't be able to be there with Joe and Joey. I'll give an update when we've heard something! I'd appreciate your prayers for Joey and for me as I have had severe "flu-like" aches in my back. I'm not sure if it is just a viral infection or side-effects from medications. I plan to talk to Dr. Gococo on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment