Saturday, October 24, 2009

"In the Land of the Living"

Journal Entry-October 24, 2009

"I love the Lord because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because he inclined his ear to me, therefore I will call on Him as long as I live...For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from stumbling; I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living...What shall I render to the Lord for all his benefits to me?...I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord." Psalm 116:1,6,12,17

What a beautiful fall day! Joe has taken Anna to her Voice Class and is doing some grocery shopping for me. Joey is on Lake Murray with Papa having some boating practice since he received his S.C. Boating License. And I am home resting from a virus and possible kidney infection. I started running a fever Thursday and reached an all time high on my back pain. They did flu tests, strep test, and blood work. No flu or strep, but my white blood cells were up and their were signs of possible kidney infection. The final labs will be in on Monday. I go to see Dr. Go on Tuesday for more labs, Herceptin, and to discuss the back pain. I have Polycystic Kidney Disease, but have never had any infections or problems from it. I'm assuming he'll probably order an ultrasound to see if there are any changes since my last one over 5 years ago.
Joey is set to get his pins out next Tuesday, Nov. 3, if x-rays taken that day show the bone has healed. If he gets the pins out, the doctor said he can "buddy tape" the finger and go straight to basketball try-outs. Hopefully he can show his "stuff" in 2 or 3 days and make the team! This has been a faith-walk for him. He has prayed over that finger daily. Last week the doctor and physical therapist were surprised at the healing his finger had done in such a short time, so Joey is seeing first hand the results of his diligent prayers! Thanks for all who are praying for me and him and our family! We are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment