Friday, September 30, 2011

Blessed Beyond Measure

“Give and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”
Luke 6:38

Our family has been blessed beyond measure from the generosity, prayers, hospitality, and support of all our friends, family, and co-workers. Our blessings are truly "pressed down, shaken together" and "running over". We continue to receive wonderful home-cooked meals or restaurant gift cards, numerous cards of encouragement and prayers for our family, and financial blessings. Just going to work every day is uplifting as I continually have so many smiling co-workers with words of encouragement. Many people say they don't see how I am able to work. I always answer that I don't see how I would make it without working. Those 7 hours keep me grounded and occupied and offer many opportunities to give praise to the Lord for all of his many blessings.

"Every day I will bless You, and I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; and His greatness in unsearchable." Psalm 145:2-3

"Almighty God, You have promised, "As your days, so shall your strength be" (Deut. 33:25). I praise You that You know what is ahead of me today and will provide me with exactly what I need each hour and in each circumstance. I relax in the knowledge that You neither will be surprised by what evolves, not incapable of sustaining me in any eventualities.
Thank You, in advance, for giving me the strength I'll need for this day. Therefore, I will resist the temptation to be anxious or worry over whether I will have what it takes. Instead, I will receive what You have offered: wisdom for my decisions, love for my relationships, hope for my discouraging experiences, replenishing energy for my tired times, and renewed vision for my down moments.
I dedicate this day to You, Lord. Protect me from the pride that supposes I can make it on my own, and the vanity that presumes I can take care of my own needs. Help me to walk more closely with You in a way that enables others to see the wondrous work You can do in a life fully submitted to You."
Dr. Lloyd Ogilvie

No comments:

Post a Comment