Thursday, May 14, 2009

"Bell Day" Eve

Journal Entry-May 14, 2009

I'm just getting ready for my last chemo. I've had my pre-meds and when they are done, I'll have the "red stuff". I won't miss that one bit! It's getting to be a struggle to just eat the ice and overcome the metallic taste and smell. But I have so many people praying today, I can make it with the grace of God on me.
My appointment with Dr. Go went well. My blood counts were good and my timber marker was level. Dr. Go was pleased with the outcome of the M.R.I. I asked, "Do they usually shrink that much?", and he said "Usually not". That's the Power of the Cross! He scheduled me to go back to him a week after surgery so we can discuss the pathology report. I also have an appointment with the radiation oncologist on June 5, my pre-op day. Side effects from the Taxotere have begun to cause fluid retention , especially on my right side-hands and feet. It is temporary and will go away as soon as the medicine has a chance to get out of my body completely. The bell looks awfully tempting today, but I'll wait until tomorrow!
I finally planted some petunias yesterday. I was getting tired of feeding the squirrels with my seed that was intended for the birds! I hung my hummingbird feeder up instead. Last night at supper and this morning before we left, I saw one! I couldn't believe it attracted them so soon. That squirrel should "count his blessings", because I was beginning to hear rumors that he had a bulls eye on his back!

No comments:

Post a Comment