Friday, May 15, 2009

The Bell “Heard ‘round the World”!

Journal Entry-May 15, 2009

107 days…28 needle sticks…and by the grace of God,
One Survivor!

My chemotherapy is over! I’m sure I woke up some dozing patients as I rang the victory bell! Once I’m through the side-effects of this treatment, I believe the worst of my cancer treatments are over. My surgery will be June 10 and three weeks after that I will begin radiation. This victory belongs to the Lord! And through his grace and strength I share in that victory along with everyone who has prayed for me daily and extended their love to my family with meals, cards, and kind gifts. I praise God for such a wonderful family of friends!
Even though a bell isn’t specifically mentioned in this Psalm of praise, today it was an instrument of praise!

Psalm 33:1-5, 20-22
“Shout for joy in the Lord, O you righteous! Praise befits the upright. Give thanks to the Lord with the lyre, make melody to him with the harp of ten strings! Sing to him a new song; play skillfully on the strings, with loud shouts. For the word of the Lord is upright, and all his work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the Lord…Our soul waits for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us even as we hope in you.”

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Way to fight Girl! I have your survivor's T-shirt and a survivor hat for you. I also have a caregiver hat for you to give to whomever you want. I am sooooo proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, that is so awesome! Andy told me about the cancer and I added you to our prayer list at church months ago and you're on mine daily. I still remember all the crazy time we had in high school at the golf course. It seems like so long ago, yet sometimes only yesterday! Your faith is truly inspirational! God is good! And your children are huge!! But then my daughter turned 17 today. Where does the time go. I will continue in prayer for you and your family!! Take care. Cathy Rumfelt Hill

    ReplyDelete