Saturday, May 23, 2009

"Out of the Miry Bog"

Journal Entry-May 23, 2009

"He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure." Psalm 40:2

I can think of no better way to describe the first 10 days after chemotherapy than a "miry bog". And there is nothing that lifts me out of it and sets my feet on a rock except the wonderful grace of my loving God.
Knowing this is the last time encourages me to keep pressing on even though I am daily dealing with side effects. I have a constant flu-like muscle pain from the Taxotere. It makes just lifting my legs to walk feel like I'm carrying lead weights. I'm also having some numbness and tingling in my feet and hands, especially the third toe on my right foot! I'm taking some vitamins to help with this and hopefully after my body realizes that there will not be any more of those chemicals, it will slowly return to normal.
I look forward to returning to the world of coffee drinkers, possibly tomorrow, after 10 days! I have had to have 10-12 day interruptions every three weeks to my "daily cup of coffee regiment" each time the chemo was at its worst. It is one of the "creature comforts" I look forward to on a consistent basis now that chemo is over!

"This I know, that God is for me. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid...For you have delivered my soul from death, yes, my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of life." Psalm 56:9b, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment