Sunday, May 10, 2009

What a Week!

Journal Entry-May 10, 2009

This is the time of the year that the whirlwind begins and it doesn't let up for several weeks! It's a time of excitement, parties at school, recitals, and exhaustion! But it sure does feel great to be coming to the end of another school year. I've worked two straight weeks at school, gone to two piano recitals this week and a Mother's Day Luncheon. I'm feeling the fatigue today! It was so wonderful to see so many ladies from church since I haven't been able to go in so long. It was such an encouragement as each one shared how they have been praying for me. I hope it was as much of an encouragement to them as it was to me, because it is only through those prayers that I've been able to keep on pressing on through these weeks of chemotherapy. I even got to meet some ladies who have sent me cards and prayed for me that I have never even met!

Joey's recital was Friday night and he received his first Federation Gold Cup for hymn playing along with his "Five Hour Club" trophy. But the most special honor for him was the "Overcomer" Award. Mrs. Penix awards this to the student who has overcome difficulties during the year and was still able to perform well. She awarded it to Joey because of his hand surgery from the football injury that kept his hand in traction for 3 months and his seizure this spring. In spite of it, the Lord strengthened him and blessed him with the ability to keep playing and serving with his talents.

"I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever. I will thank you forever because You have done it." Psalm 52:8

No comments:

Post a Comment