Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Blessing

Journal Entry-May 10, 2009

I just have to share with you the most wonderful Mother's Day story I've heard. A friend of mine from church has a sister, Amy, that was diagnosed with cancer last fall. She was 7 weeks pregnant at the time with her seventh child. Amy has had surgery and chemotherapy while pregnant with their sweet little boy. As hard as my chemotherapy is, I cannot imagine the burden she has carried as she prayed for protection for her son.
Today on Mother's Day, her son was delivered in the 34th week. He weighs 5 lbs. and 2 oz. and is in the NICU in Colorado. They named him Gilead Victor. Gilead means "monumental testimony" and Victor is for "victorious". Please pray for Amy, Gilead, and her family. Amy will be having more chemotherapy in 2 weeks and then radiation. We both expect to be finished with treatment in the early fall. If you'd like to follow Amy's progress, you can click on the link to her blog in the "Followers" section of my blog. What a special Mother's Day for her whole family! And what praise for our wonderful God!

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand. " Psalm 139:14-18

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Shannon. We are all doing really well. Hope you are too now that chemo is just about finished.

    ReplyDelete