Sunday, March 8, 2009

2nd Chemotherapy

Journal Entry-February 19-20, 2009
My second chemotherapy was today. My blood counts were normal. The results from my PET scan were normal also! They did not find any signs of cancer anywhere else in my body. Chemotherapy went as expected. I went back on Friday for my fluids and shot. The bone pain was a little better this time; the nausea, maybe a little worse. The burning in my throat and stomach is much worse this time. But I am planning on going to work tomorrow. The pain will be there at home or work, so I might as well just press on!

I do have a big praise! I was able to order one of my expensive medications from a different place and it saved us a lot of money! But...they were out of stock and had to order it. They sent it out on Monday of this week with the expected arrival date of Friday. I needed the medicine to take on Friday morning for nausea. The lady on the phone said she really hoped it would make it on time. I told her I would do better than that-I would pray that it would make it on Thursday! When we got home from chemo. on Thursday, there was a delivery note in our box that we had missed the mail carrier when she stopped to deliver the medicine. I called the post office and they tracked her down on her route. Joe was able to meet her close by and get the medicine!
To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment