Sunday, March 8, 2009

Arise and Shine!

Journal Entry-February 23-27, 2009
I've been able to work all week. This week in my devotions (My Utmost for His Highest) I've read these thoughts on drudgery and despair.

"Arise from the dead." Ephesians 5:14
"Arise and eat." I Kings 19:5
"Arise, shine!" Isaiah 60:1

"When the inspiration of God does come, it comes with such miraculous power that we are able to arise from the dead and do the impossible thing. The remarkable thing about spiritual initiative is that the life comes after we do the "bucking up". God does not give us overcoming life; He gives us life as we overcome. We have to take the first step as though there were no God. It is no use to wait for God to help us, He will not; but immediately we arise, we find He is there. It requires the inspiration of God to go through drudgery with the light of God upon it."

There have been many times this week when it was all I could do to just arise-and do the next thing. I need the Lord to help me "shine"!

No comments:

Post a Comment