Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hair-the Perfect Head Covering

Journal Entry-March 7, 2009
I was contemplating hair today as I struggled with the “uncomfortableness” of my turban while it pressed my glasses against my head! God is so amazing that He gave us a perfect head covering when he gave us hair! It keeps our heads warm in the cold weather. It protects our heads from sunburn. It doesn't blow off!! It ventilates and cools you in the warm weather. It doesn't press against your glasses and give you a headache! I miss my hair, but it will return!

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14

3 comments:

  1. Hair today and gone tomorrow. You are right Shannon, it does come back! I always hated losing mine but through all of the tears and frustration, you do come out stronger and usually with even more hair than you had before. Stay brave Shannon. I am so proud of you!

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your blog and seeing the evidence of God's grace as you go through this bend in the road. Half way through - WOO HOO - you're in our continued prayers especially during this next treatment. Losing my hair was the hardest part but God answered my prayers for an easy hair do when it returned and it was thick and curly and very easy to manage. After almost 50 years of long hair I have really enjoyed having it shorter.
    Psalm 28:6-7 Blessed be the Lord, because He has heard the voice of my supplication. The Lord is my strength and shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped. Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shannon,
    I really don't know you very well but I have prayed for you and will continue to do so. Your blog was so uplifting and informative. Thanks for sharing your story and your claims from scripture. May God continue to use you to be an inspiration to your family, friends, and church members.
    Sincerely,
    Tricia Hulehan

    ReplyDelete