Sunday, March 22, 2009

Encouragement in the valley

Journal Entry-March 14-18, 2009

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones...The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned." Psalm 34:19-22

"I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee." Jeremiah 30:17

"What do we do when we face challenges that make us wonder what's ahead? The answers are not always easy, and the direction is not always clear. In these circumstances, our hope is in God alone. Our lives and our times are in His hands, and He assures us that He is the rock we can stand upon through the storm.” Roy Lessin

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

I want to thank everyone so much for the extra intercession on my behalf for the first week after my chemotherapy. It is a valley, but as I walk through it I know I'll eventually come out on the other side and it's only because so many are praying for grace as I go. The food, the kind words, the thoughts, and prayers are sustaining.

"Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading. It is a life of faith, not of intellect and reason, but a life of knowing Who makes us "go". The root of faith is the knowledge of a Person. The life of faith is not a life of always mounting up with wings, but a life of walking and not fainting...a faith that has been proved and has stood the test...a tried faith built on a real God." (From My Utmost for His Highest)

No comments:

Post a Comment