Sunday, March 8, 2009

We have a Plan!

Journal Entry-January 21, 2009
Joe and I met with Dr. Gococo today. He is very knowledgeable, funny, and easy to understand. The MRI showed the tumor to be around 2 inches. There was no sign of cancer anywhere else and the lymph nodes are not enlarged. This is good news! He said that "curability-wise there is no difference between doing chemo. or surgery first. But he recommends chemo. because it is showing so much success in reducing tumor size and cleaning cancer from lymph nodes when done prior to surgery. So he wants to start chemo. next Thursday. It is also comforting to know that my whole body is getting chemo. right now in case there are any cells floating around elsewhere.
So...the Lord answered my prayer 6 days early! We have a plan!
In church tonight we sang "In Christ Alone" and "Be still my Soul". They were a great comfort to me. On the days when I feel like singing in the car on the way to work, I've been singing "In Christ Alone", "I will Glory in my Redeemer", and "How Deep the Father's Love". They are all great reminders of Christ's love and care for me during this trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment