Sunday, March 8, 2009

True Thirst

Journal Entry-March 6, 2009
Happy 14th Birthday, Joey! We used a gift certificate from some dear friends of ours to go out to eat at the Olive Garden. It was very special and the food was delicious. If you see Joey, ask him to tell you about the Italian birthday song!

A friend sent some verse cards to me this week. One of the verses was about thirst. I've never known thirst like I have since I started chemotherapy. It seems like no matter how much I drink, I'm parched with thirst. Even my nose, eyes, and throat burn with dryness. But how wonderful it is to read that no thirst is too great for God!

"The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Isreal, will not forsake. I will make rivers flow on barren heights, and springs within the valleys. I will turn the desert into pools of water, and the parched ground into springs. I will put in the desert the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive. I will set pines in the waste land, the fir and cypress together, so that people may see and know, may consider and understand, that the hand of the Lord has done this, that the Holy One of Israel has created it." Isaiah 41:17-20

Earlier this week, we received a meal from someone I have never even met! Her daughter is in Kids For Truth with Anna and she heard about my cancer. She sent a huge bag full of food and an encouraging note. The Lord is so good to bless us in so many ways. I look forward to meeting her soon!

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you...Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

"My presence will go with you and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

"I will go in the strength of the Lord God." Psalm 71:16

No comments:

Post a Comment