Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Nothing is Impossible With God

Journal Entry-January 15, 2009
Joe and I watched a preacher on television this morning. He just happened to be speaking about healing. He said it is no harder for God to heal cancer than it is for him to heal the common cold.
Luke 1:37-"For nothing will be impossible with God."

I spoke with a "friend-of-a-friend" today who has just finished her chemotherapy and surgery and will be starting radiation soon. She told me about how her doctors had decided to do chemotherapy first and that it had been very successful in her treatment. We will see the surgeon on Friday to discuss treatment options. We have asked others to join with us as we pray for clarity in making these decisions.

I have already begun to receive cards with encouraging thoughts and prayers!

Psalm 119:76-"Let, I pray thee, Thy merciful kindness be for my comfort..."

Isaiah 41:13-"For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not, I will help thee."

"Knots on the root of the oak tree tell of many storms and how deep the roots have forced their way into the earth. Thus the Christian is made strong and firmly rooted by the storms of life."
-Charles Spurgeon

Ephesians 3:17-19-"...that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment