Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mid Week Blessings

Journal Entry-February 3-6, 2009
Joey came home from church Sunday night with a fever of 101. Joe took him to the doctor on Monday and he has bronchitis. We are taking precautions with germs at home and trusting the Lord to keep me, and all of us, well. I worked the rest of the week. It was a struggle just to take the next step sometimes, but I have no doubt that all the prayers being prayed for me were answered and I could keep going. On Wednesday night I was really struggling with the mouth sores and heartburn. I was at home on the couch waiting for Joe and the kids to get back from church and the phone rang. It was someone from church offering to bring a meal Thursday night. It was such a blessing. On Thursday I prayed that whatever she fixed would be soft enough for me to eat. She brought the most delicious and tender pork roast I've ever had with mashed potatoes and gravy! I was even able to go to the circus on a field trip with my class on Friday. I went for blood work after school and my counts were normal! We discussed my symptoms and possible things to change next time to help with them. She said most of my symptoms the weekend after were due to dehydration, so they will give me fluids the day after my chemo. from now on when I go for the Neulasta shot.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!"
Psalm 139:17

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace, as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

"The Lord make His face shine upon you. And be gracious to you." Numbers 6:25

No comments:

Post a Comment